Along with the core academic classes, students have academy classes to choose from. The Academy choices are listed below.
The Culinary Arts Pre-Academy gives students background and hands-on experience in the food service industry.
Culinary courses offered in this academy include:
- Exploring Hospitality & Culinary w/Career Planning
- Fundamentals of Culinary
- Baking & Pastry
- Nutrition & Wellness
The Pre-Law Academy will provide all students with:
- Hands-on, cutting-edge program within a courtroom setting that addresses the energy and interest of middle school students
- Pre-Law studies utilizes concepts studied both in law and criminal justice.
- Opportunities to interact with professionals in law, juvenile justice, law enforcement, and criminal forensics.
- The curriculum provides project-based learning and a hands-on approach that is exciting and fun for middle school students.
- Students will participate in fingerprinting lab, mock trials, study case law, Law Day, Constitution Day, along with building Speech and Debate skills.
The Pre-Business Academy will study:
CAREER PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Career Research
- Going to College
- Joining the Workforce
MARKETING AND FINANCE
- Market Research
- Advertising and Product Promotion
- Stock Market
- Banking and Money
BUSINESS ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE
- How Companies Function
- Business and Labor Laws
COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Cover Letters and Resumes
- Job Interviews Skills (or Preparation)
- Web Design and Data Analysis
The Pre-Engineering Academy
With the notion that variety in gender, physical or mental ability, culture, and background is an asset to be cherished, the Pre-Engineering Academy aims to establish a demanding learning environment that sets high expectations for success for all of our students. The Engineering Process from Design to Creation will be the main focus of this academy's practical learning opportunities. Students will get the chance to use a variety of tools, materials, processes, and systems to solve technological challenges while learning about how technology affects our daily lives. Students should focus on continuing their STEAM education at the following levels and being ready for a career in technology.